Give yourself the gift of a brief and powerful weekly escape where you will learn effective tools that will positively impact your life and the people around you!
smartUBC Mindfulness Training is an 8-week training with weekly 2-hour sessions and one 4-hour workshop.
For 2018, smartUBC sessions occur on Tuesdays, from October 9th to November 27th: 6pm-8pm @ Fresh from the Farm, and Wednesdays, from October 10th to November 28th: 12pm-2pm @ The Okanagan Regional Library Westbank Branch.
Stress Management And Resiliency Techniques (smartUBC) draws on the latest research, human psychology, and the wisdom of leading practitioners to improve your life.
Program Overview: This program will help you bring your nervous system out of emergency response and a constant state of alertness. You will learn how to quiet the white noise in your head of the 21st-century. You will learn healthy daily discipline and how small changes in thinking and habits can lead to profound changes in your health and relationships. This program will take you into a place where communication, connection, and creativity happen naturally.
- Learn effective strategies for managing challenging situations
- Enhance concentration and executive function (planning, decision-making and impulse control)
- Cultivate personal and professional resiliency through self-care techniques
- Manage stress through a greater understanding and control of emotions
- Improve overall mental and physical health
- Promote happiness through healthy habits of the mind
- Revitalize personal and professional purpose
smartUBC was originally developed in the United States and is now managed by the University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus (UBCO). UBCO researches and manages the development of the evidence-based curriculum while continuously updating it.
smartUBC Mindfulness Training is hosted by Iwona Sienko, RN, BScN, MBA, smartUBC Facilitator.